Thursday, October 6, 2016

Ending in disaster...

Good morning! Yesterday ended in disaster as far as I'm concerned. The upside is that I finished 576 calories under my daily goal. The ONLY reason this happened is because of the good choices I made for lunch and breakfast. The problem is I made the choice not to go walking like I should have, despite multiple opportunities.

So, lets break it down. Yesterday I went home, changed clothes and went to pick up Jake. From there I made a quick stop to pick up my new glasses (which look good on me, but I am having a hard time adjusting to them) and then to Cane's to get dinner for the Shipp's (a friend who's father died this week and we took them dinner before the viewing). After dropping off the food I went home and put my clothes up and then...slung my fat ass in the recliner and pretty much stayed there for the evening. The only time I got up is when Kelly said "Go get me some Chinese food". Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not blaming her for the dinner choice. I could have easily told her we need to get something else or even gone somewhere else to get dinner. But I LOVE Chinese food so I didn't fight. However, what I did do was get Chicken Fried Rice rather than the normal General Tso's Chicken which was a "healthier" choice. I also had a spring roll and some of Kelly's Sesame Chicken. Yes, I did log all of it and still came in under but I feel bad about the food choices I made.

The lack of exercise is the other fail. Like I said before, I had multiple opportunities. The biggest disappointment was when Kimmy (sister in law) came over and asked to borrow one of the dogs to take on her walk. Jake jumped up and said he'd go with her. What did I do? NOTHING. The thing I don't understand is why. Why didn't I peel myself out of the recliner and away from the television? It's not like there was anything interesting on. I had convinced myself that I was getting used to my new glasses by reading and used it as an excuse not to do anything.

Okay...time to move on. Today is a new day chalk full of opportunities to make better decisions!! No excuses. No cop-outs. I CAN DO THIS!

But what can I do? What are my goals for the day?

Josh has a game today, so I have to get my walk in before then. So, once Josh is home from school I will walk the 1.4 mile route around my neighborhood with the dogs.

Today will be a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment